I have the following rule:
WHEN trigger: lux of xiaomi-pir <= 25 and anybodyhome-general is present and zithoek is off for 10 minutes and naar-bed is off THEN turn zithoek on
- Xiaomi PIR is a PIR device that also reports lux (the PIR will send it’s lux value when there is movement. Without movement it will send about every hour a update)
- anybodyhome-general is a dummy presense sensor that is set to present when some rules decide there is somebody at home
- Zithoek is a lamp
- naar-bed is a dummy switch that is turned ON when going to bed (with several rules) and turned OFF
This rule works perfect during the day. When it gets to dark the light is turned on. However, this rule does not work in the morning.
Situation in the morning:
- Somebody walks down the stairs, triggering a PIR in the hallway
- The hallway turns naar-bed to OFF
- The person continues to walk into the livingroom, triggering the PIR mentioned in the rule (xiaomi-pir) thus updating the lux into pimatic.
At this moment the rule should be true:
- Lux is 25 or less
- anybodyhome-general is present
- zithoek is off for 10 minutes
- naar-bed is off
At first I thought the ‘for 10 minutes’ would something keeping the rule being from true, but than it should turn on the light 10 minutes after the first lux update. I have kept an eye for several days on the lux. There are plenty of lux updates in the morning when the household slowly awakens. All the lux values are below the trigger. The rule simply should work. But it doesn’t. But much later in the day when the lux is decreasing it works without a problem?