i am new to pimatic and owns a raspberry which was using fhem to control several switches, pir sensors and receive data from oregon sensors. I have an usb dongle from rfxcom: RFXtrx433 .
i am wondering if it would be possible to use it (and how) to port my system from fhem (which uses perl, and i know very few) to pimatic (which uses node and i am more familiarize with it).
how to use RFXtrx433 as rf gateway (if possible)
this is not possible at the moment.
pimatic is using common rf receiver and transmitter (best to use is 3400rf) connected to an arduino nano.
the arduino nano with receiver and transmitter is much cheaper with approx. 10 euro regarding the rfxtrx433 with appr. 120 euro.
i recommend you to buy a nano and the 3400rf receiver/transmitter kit (and maybe a breadboard and some jumper wires)
have a look here to learn more http://forum.pimatic.org/topic/202/4-homeduino-433-mhz-sending-receiving-and-even-more
well actually i already have the rfxcom device so it will be cheaper for me. i found node-rfxcom module which connects to such device an is able to capture wheater info as well of the switches commands. i will look if i can manage converting it into a pimatic plugin or creating a new one using it as gateway
Yes you are right, it’s cheaper when you already owe it but if you just begin with Homeautomation and pimatic it’s too expensive at all.
appreciate your efforts and I guess some other users would be glad if there will be a plugin for that. So go ahead and please keep us informed! If you got stuck just ask right away. there are some coders who may help.
Well I was a bit optimistic about the pluging.
I did a quick read to the development section and:
- I know nothing about Coffescript
- I haven’t used promises ever
- I am using RFXtrx433 just for Temp sensor ploting
- All my automation relies in my fibaro zwave HC2 and only need web access to Oregon sensors values (Actually it’s been a lot of time since I got rid of my rf433 switches, since I couldn’t be sure of their real on/off state)
- I am too lazy to begin learning something new , at least at the moment. Its a pity since I liked pimatic web interface but right now it doesn’t worth the effort.
So At the moment I am using node-rfxcom module and will create my own express project to provide fibaro HC2 access to the Oregon data. That’s done so far with just morning work.
Now I will give the data receive a sqlite3 backend and try to use plotly service to generate my graphs.