an additonal observance:
starting renaming the files I recognized, that the size of the new ones is tremendously larger then the old ones:
e. g. action.coffee
old: ~17KiB => the current: 274KiB
that seems similiar with all of them, also those in the ‘app’ directory
an additonal observance:
downloaded them by right-click on my Win10 PC and then copied them to the Raspi via Remote Desktop
… I thought I did it the same way last year …???
action.coffee ~17k now ~274k
device-config-schema.coffee ~8k now ~208k
raspbee.coffee ~59k now ~121k now ~121k
raspbee-connector.coffee ~10k now ~223k
raspbee-template.coffee ~9k now ~206k
raspbee-template.jade ~6k now ~145k
and looking into them, they look (in mimimum in the top) content wise completely other…
Something must have gone wrong here …
I think you found the problem.
Do you have samba running on your pimatic system?
If so you can mount a network drive on your windows system, and copy files that way.
Check the files also first on your windows system.
no, not to my knowledge …
How to check?
‘service samba status’ ? - already did an got: Unit samba.service could not be found.
the files on my PC are all about the larges sizes, so the problem must already have occured while downloading fron github
as said, they are readable, but have already the large sizes
yep, via XRDP, which is the most convenient for me
yep, no problem
in the terminal go to a directory where you can clone the raspbee files into.
in that directory run: git clone https://github.com/bertreb/pimatic-raspbee.git
a subdirectory pimatic-raspbee is created, with all the files in it
Copy the relevant files via the gui file browser from that directory to your pimatic raspbee directory
completely other sizes, let me test again from scratch
that works now
… really wondering as I’m convinced that last year I copied the files the same way (via PC and then drag and drop to the Raspi, however the mistake must already have happened while dowloading to the PC
Back to the shutter switch, it works now as following:
Pressing the buttons on the switch makes the raspbee dimmer in the correct position:
open: 100%, stop: 50%, close: 0%
The other way round, using the buttons in the frontend, makes the switch as following:
0%: close, 100%: nothing, 50% nothing
but pressing the slider of the dimmer in position 0% again, makes him jumping to 100% and then also the switch device jumps to 100% open
shortly tried by rule and a dummy switch to bring the dimmer exactly to 50%, doesn’t bring the device to stop, resp. the dimmer in the frontend to 50%. it directly jumps to 100%
thanks a lot for today and have a good night!
yesterday here a Heiman siren arrived, the next interesting item as it doesn’t behave as a simple switch, what I hoped.
Ebouw on github already gave some hints about its own ‘behavior’
To make it maybe a bit more convenient to understand how it works currently, from pimatic’s gui side
The ‘Open+Close’ device switches the ‘Window covering device’ directly to 0 and 100% - that works;
‘Interesting’ is, that if you do the same with the switch of the ‘Window covering device’, you always need to switch twice, before the dimmer slides to 0 or 100%
I tested then with an VariableInputDevice ‘ShutterPercent’ with steps of 25 to get the dimmer, by having the respective variable in the device ($raspbee_l1a73e9557e6ac5552ae871702960c9b13.dimlevel) to 50.
But that fails with an error message, which seems outlining, that something has gone wrong with the format (I tested string, as well as number):
After waiting then until the shutter device (physical switch) resets himself again to stop, or simply pressing stop on it, then both variable devices in the frontend show ‘50’ and the dimmer is in the middle position:
Maybe that helps better for further thoughts
PS. If you need whatever details about the device from the deconz-gui, that’s no problem. I can fetch them.