I’m using the (AVM) pimatic-fritz-plugin from andig and I really like it - but now I face some problems which I hope you can help me to find a workaround.
Since the current FritzBox beta releases, you can connect HAN-FUN devices to the FritzBox.
Currently, I have the following devices connected to my FritzBox 7490:
- 6x AVM DECT 200 switch devices
- 2x AVM DECT 210 switch devices
- 1x AVM DECT 100 dect-repeater device
- 12x AVM DECT 301 thermostat devices
- 4x Magenta SmartHome smoke detector devices (HAN-FUN)
- 1x Magenta SmartHome dual-button device (HAN-FUN)
I was so happy when andig updated the plugin to “support” contact sensors. But at the current stage, it seems that only the (Magenta SmartHome) window contact is practically usable, as the button and smoke detector devices have a too small “closed” state to be detected by the pimatic in time.
Currently, the FritzBox beta natively only supports to switch a switch device and/or send an email when the contact device is triggered.
Detection in time is the next big thing.
I’m aware that I got a lot of devices to check - 8 switch states, 12 thermostates, 21 temperature sensors and 6 contact devices.
When I set down the polling interval to 10 seconds some time ago with less than half of the devices, the polling tasks stacked up. The tasks prevented any actions. This was so harsh that it could take up to two hours until a switch command was executed. And I’m working with a daily reboot to keep my pimatic fresh and healthy.
So I went back to the default interval of 60 seconds. But with the growing amount of devices, I feel polling tasks are stacking up again and with the current load, switch tasks take about 10-15 seconds to be executed.
Now I come to the following questions:
- What is the bottleneck when it comes to polling the devices? Pimatic or the FritzBox? Will changing for a FB7590 improve the performance?
- Is there anything I can do except reducing the polling intervalls and/or amount of polled devices (e.g. deleting some temperature sensors)?
- What is your suggestion for the smoke detectors and the button device? Currently my only idea is to let them switch one common empty socket switch by the integrated FritzBox mechanism and then let pimatic detect that switch status change, followed by a notification rule.
Thank you for your ideas and suggestions!