I’m playing with some hardware to build a personal home alarm. To avoid some tunnel vision with my ideas, perhaps some can exchange thoughts or real life experience?
What I currently have in mind:
- PIR and contact sensors that communicate with pimatic
- Keypad that communicates with ESP and pimatic
- GSM module connected to raspberry pi to send alerts over SMS (so it doesn’t depend on a working internet connection)
- UPS module for raspberry pi
- Some siren to make some noise when the alarm is triggered
- Sen a SMS on every first monday of the month to test/confirm SMS functionality
- Door contact sensor on meter cabinet. When the contact sensor is triggered in alarm state it should immediately trip an alarm
- Send alerts (SMS or mail) when certain sensors don’t report over longer period
- Daily or weekly logs through email
The entire setup should be on a dedicated Pi without any other function than the purpose of the home alarm. It should continue to function on powerloss to avoid the simple solution "whoa a alarm … let be disconnect power to enter the house witrhout bein caught"
It doens’t has to be fort knox, neither does it has to be a nerdy setup with naked wires and pieces of ductape.
Is there anyone who has built some sort of home alarm and is willing to share some ideas or simple tricks?