[moved from detailed topic]
Update: see my second post from today; the issue seems to be the pimatic-dewpoint plugin!!
I’m trying since once week to migrate my production from 8.107 to 9.x - and I have a strange and serious issue here: After a deep and intensive root cause analysis I must state that the MQTT- plugin prevents me from a successfully migration (and this is really a critical core component within my complete setup - as the MQTT broker connects my different architecture layers and components).
The behaviour is as follows:
as soon as MQQT plugin loads more than 2 (or 3) devices after rendering is finished, one of the CPU goes to 100% and memory usage raises slowly but continues to max if i don’t kill the pimatic-node process. Also in this stage no connection from web-frontend possible anymore (gets time-out).
Then after around 1-2 minutes, the debug messages says that mqtt-broker(s) got disconnected.
I checked in parallel with netstat all protocols and pipes during pimatic load - the connections are establised).
Therefore I assume that this is a) a memory problem - b) a kind of ‘load’ problem when mqqt-plugin tries to get data from the devices or c) at least some major component of pimatic get’s in trouble.
Environment: 'Pre-Production new’
If I set the plugin to use the local mosquitto instance “localhost” on the pre-production raspi (who don’t get any data) it works.
But as soon as I put the IP-adress from the production-broker in here, it fails with above behavior
Same behavior if I switch test-wise the ‘pre-production new’ to production (change hostname/IP-address etc.)
I tried every possible combination and variant (one broker setup, two broker setup etc., changed ports). All versions checked: 0.9.0,0.9.2,0.9.3,0.9.5.
This problem is re-produce able: as soon as I delete the mqtt-devices the startup finished normal (or in multi-broker environment reference as default to ‘localhost’; as soon as I add more than 3-4 devices to the ‘production-broker’ it got the crash
In my production environment (Raspi B+/Wheezy, pimatic 0.8.107, mqtt-plugin 0.9.0, node 0.10.24) the same pimatic config-configuration works flawless since years.
Also the parallel ‘pre-production old’ (0.8.107) where I also reference as above to the production-broker to test data
My conclusion is:
The setup on the new machine (‘pre-production new’) has two major differences:
-Node V0.10.24.x -> V4.6.2
Therefore it must be one of this environment which causes this behavior.
I’m really at the end of my skills (and I can say that I’m a linux / pimatic pro)
My setup (target machine ‘pre-production new’):
-Raspi V2 (I tried this also with V3 - same behaviour)
-Jessie: Complete fresh setup from last jessie image and all updates/upgrades .
-Same issues/behavior with an previous update from the old working ‘pre-production old’ (wheezy) to jessie / older jessie image from August 2016
-mqtt broker: mosquitto (V1.4.10) on production and pre-production; tested also ‘old’ V1.3x -> same behavior
plugins loaded (all fresh installed within initial bootup):
pimatic-echo (also disabled this testwise)
pimatic-hap (also disabled this testwise)
pimatic-hue-zll (also disabled this testwise)