as I will soon create a project which needs more stability I decided to create a new plugin which acts as a watchdog for pimatic.
It can do the following:
- Check if pimatic process is still running
- Check if pimatic is still reachable via webinterface
- Restart pimatic if one of the above fails
- Reboot the machine if restart of pimatic fails
CUATION!!! use this plugin at your own risk, setting low timeout/cycle times and misconfiguration can make it hard to stop it again
I built in some countermeasures but the test coverage currently is also very low.
- try to detect rouge rules/plugins (maybe via monitoring logentries/second in daemon logfile?)
should automatically show up in the plugins soon…