I have the feeling that once opened and connected, the app stops updating variables. I held it next to my monitor with the webgui open and notices 3 variables changing on the computer, but the phone stayed the same.
[BETA] PimaticDroid - Control Pimatic with Android
Sorry for being inactive for so long. I’m quite busy at the moment, but I’m working on the stability of the app.
Just wanted to let you know
It’s been a while, but I’ve figured out some issues with the app and managed to fix them. Most important one is the bug where device states did not update properly.
@stat I bought myself a few Hue lamps a few days ago so I could implement them properly, and the next update will have support for hue-zll!
I’m hoping to release the update in the next few days.
Okay, so I’ve managed to get a proper fix for the long dimmer names today, which means it’s release time!
- Added support for Hue ZLL devices ( @stat )
- Dimmers now adjust properly in case of a long name
- Option for persistent notification to make sure the connection is not killed
- Stability fixes (Including a fix for incorrect device updates and long connection times) ( @OrTiN @garnett @stat @DavidZH )
- I will look into button fit options (auto/vertical), but horizontal will be a lot harder to implement. I will see if it’s possible.
- Option to hide pages is on my todo list
- Custom UI colors is something I’ve been thinking about, but last time I tried (back in the KitKat days), there wasn’t an elegant solution for this. I’m sure this has changed with Material Design though
- Global rounding is an option, do you mean for all variables (which is 2 at the moment)?
- The app does not see any difference between parameters except for the fact that they are numbers. This is why they will show up with a custom rounding option. I will not change this.
@p4co86 I think you are right about the dot diameter, I am going to decrease it in the next update.
Great, can’t wait to try!
Updated to the newest version, but it crashes after open the app.
android 6.0.1 sony xperia z3 compact
It is working really great at the moment! Hue lights work as expected, but it is especially important that upon reopening the app there seems to be instant connection!
Looks like I will be using this more and more instead of the standard web app. Thanks!
I have updated last night but today it still crashes after starting the app.
thanks that fixed it!
Just released another minor version:
- Added theme color support
- Fixed issue where the app would not reconnect with new server details
- Added option to hide pages
- Added circular icon for launchers
Very Good App!!
But no Support for Milight-reloaded Slider.
Can you add this?
I have a big problem with the APP. If PimaticDroid is opend in the background it is allways aktiv.
This is OK so but if you leave your house and lost your WLAN Pimatic Droid search allways for the server??? over the mobile data of your Phone.
So it generated 2,8GB mobile data in 9 hours.
Can you please add that Pimatic Droid only looks vor the server when a WLAN is connected?
I’ve been busy for a while again, but I’m back on development now.
@V1per That is very odd. The app will only attempt 10 tries to connect to the server after the device has changed it’s network, and then it will stop. The connection attempts barely use any data either, but at that rate it would’ve used 100 kilobytes / second. Are you sure it was PimaticDroid that used this many data? Even when it’s connected I can’t imagine it would use this much.
I will implement a WiFi only switch in the next update.
The report under mobile data (Android) told me that PimaticDroid used that much data and my mobile provider have also so much data trafic logged.
Maybee I have an old Version? I used Version 0.4.6-beta3.
And with 100 kilobytes/second you can make a theoretic trafic of 74GB in 9 hours.
But it is good that you will implement a WiFi Only Switch. Please set this on as standard, so that the user must set it off manualy if he wants to use PimaticDroid over mobile data.