Now seeing that pilight works in general but having trouble with the rules definition and execution I was looking into migrating to pimatic / homeduino. I have seen several threads in this forum dealing with this already but couldn’t find a really comfortable solution to just get the switches working:
I was wondering if it shouldn’t be possible to just migrate the pilight implementation to configure the switches in a more comfortable way than just capturing and replaying raw control packets. I would also be willing to do that myself (even though the pilight implementation is incomplete in some ways as well) but wanted to check first, if there is any legitimate reason for this not having been ported over so far or if I am just missing that. I browsed through all of the existing switch protocol implementations and none looked even remotely familiar to the pilight code.
Every kind of feedback would be welcome (even things like: “Will never work, because…”).
Just one minor comment for motivation: I know Brennenstuhl is also selling the RCS 1000 N series, which is implemented in homeduino and especially advertised for use with “Raspberry Pi” but for one they are more expensive than the newer series and they don’t offer outdoor capable switches in that series which I’d like to use.
I’m just using tasmota right now. I have tried Espeasy. I had it on a NodeMCU for some time to control a display with ws2812. Unfortunately some of the LEDs flash uncontrolled. Maybe the problem was not EspEasy. I’ve made some changes to the circuit since then. Now the display works without problems with tasmota 6.5. Otherwise I have tasmota on all devices, from version 5.11 to 6.5.
On about 10 devices. The handling is the same everywhere. I find it easier this way.
As long as I don’t need any of the sensors that espeasy supports, I will probably stay with tasmota. Furthermore, I have a quick overview of all devices with the tasmota device manager (TDM) . The TDM even shows devices that are in the subnetwork.
I contacted the plugin dev @Dheeraj some weeks ago. He responded that he would try to find some time and test the PR. Perhaps you can contact him also.
@Dheeraj has merged the PR about two weeks ago, but to me it is not clear whether or not he had the opportunity to sufficiently test the changes.
As it is possible to install plugins from github master it’ll great of some users are willing to test this on one or more of the node.js versions we currently support. Maybe I can also find some time to take a stab on this during my holidays. The hurdle for me is to setup a mysensor device first as I am not using mysensors at the moment. Once we have confidence the changes are good to go I can publish a new package version.
For the longer term perspective we need to find a new maintainer for the plugin. In the past @sweebee as been active on this, but unfortunately he seems to be very busy these days.